Saturday, July 7, 2012

National Strawberry Sundae Day

I haven't lost my mind...well, that may be open to discussion but these really are National Day's that I am sharing with you. Don't worry, I will only share ones that involve yummy deliciousness of every kind! And with that we will celebrate NATIONAL STRAWBERRY SUNDAE DAY!!! (Note: It was yesterday but I wasn't feeling well and didn't get a chance to take pictures or eat my sugary confection {sad face}

I feel that it is my duty to honor delicious food holidays {no matter how ridiculous or pointless they are} and it so happens that I have some leftover strawberries from my Patriotic Red Velvet Flag Cake from the 4th of July, so it's only right that I do something with them. 

At first I was going to just make a simple strawberry sundae...but why stop there. I also had a box of strawberry cake mix staring me in the face so today we will be making Strawlicious Sundaes with Strawberry Cake Short Cakes! Please note that I just made this up and am not responsible for any euphoric sugar highs that might be associated with the making and eating of this recipe!

All I really did, since I was lazy and not really feeling well, was made strawberry pound cake loaves (four of them) and cute into 1/2 inch cubes and placed them in a bowl. Top them with ice cream, I used vanilla and top ice cream with strawberry topping. VIOLA!

For the strawberry topping, simply cut up a dozen or so strawberries and place in a container. Top with about 1/4 cup of sugar, put top on container and shake to mix. Place in refrigerator for about 15 minutes. When ready serve on top of ice cream!

Okay, now VIOLA!