Saturday, July 7, 2012

National Strawberry Sundae Day

I haven't lost my mind...well, that may be open to discussion but these really are National Day's that I am sharing with you. Don't worry, I will only share ones that involve yummy deliciousness of every kind! And with that we will celebrate NATIONAL STRAWBERRY SUNDAE DAY!!! (Note: It was yesterday but I wasn't feeling well and didn't get a chance to take pictures or eat my sugary confection {sad face}

I feel that it is my duty to honor delicious food holidays {no matter how ridiculous or pointless they are} and it so happens that I have some leftover strawberries from my Patriotic Red Velvet Flag Cake from the 4th of July, so it's only right that I do something with them. 

At first I was going to just make a simple strawberry sundae...but why stop there. I also had a box of strawberry cake mix staring me in the face so today we will be making Strawlicious Sundaes with Strawberry Cake Short Cakes! Please note that I just made this up and am not responsible for any euphoric sugar highs that might be associated with the making and eating of this recipe!

All I really did, since I was lazy and not really feeling well, was made strawberry pound cake loaves (four of them) and cute into 1/2 inch cubes and placed them in a bowl. Top them with ice cream, I used vanilla and top ice cream with strawberry topping. VIOLA!

For the strawberry topping, simply cut up a dozen or so strawberries and place in a container. Top with about 1/4 cup of sugar, put top on container and shake to mix. Place in refrigerator for about 15 minutes. When ready serve on top of ice cream!

Okay, now VIOLA!

No comments:

Post a Comment