Drooling already aren't you! I don't blame you, this was a DELICIOUS after dinner treat! Think of it as a sweet, rich, flavorful party in my mouth! This is a grown up version of an ice cream sundae and it does not disappoint! OK, stop drooling, of course I'll share the recipe with you!
8 oz pound cake, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
6 ripe peaches, cut into thin wedges
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/3 cup rum
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 pints vanilla bean ice cream
- Preheat the over to 350 degrees F. In a large pan, melt 1 tbsp of butter, add pound cake and toss to coat. Spread pound cake cubes on a baking sheet and bake until toasted. About 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add remaining butter to pan, toss in peaches and cook over high heat, stirring occasionally until the peaches are slightly softened.
- Add the brown sugar and stir to melt. Remove pan from the heat and add the rum and lemon juice. Tilt the pan slightly and carefully ignite the alcohol.
- Return pan to fire cook over medium heat until the peaches are softened and the sauce has thickened slightly, about 10 minutes.
- To serve, scoop ice cream into bowls and spoon peaches and sauce over the ice cream. Garnish with the pound cake croutons and serve immediately.